High resolution non-contact optical incremental encoder
Integrated, low-profile, XY, linear motor stage
High accuracy linear guide with crossed roller bearings, anti-creep
Easy integration with metric/imperial opto-mechanical systems
Default ≤5 arcsec orthogonality
All measurement reports are included by default
Direct Drive Linear Translation Stage of series 8MTL120XY are based on pair of 3 phase ironless linear brushless servo motor technology. Direct drive technology allow user to reach zero backlash motion with high accuracy, repeatability and low friction.
Linear non-contact optical encoder as a feedback system guarantees direct control of position with sub-nanometer resolution of motion.
Naturally aged aluminum alloy guaranties high temperature stability, softness of 8MT120XY instruments and excellent long period kinematics without drift of guide system. Small Special linear rails with crossed roller bearings for higher stiffness.
Translation stages of series 8MTL120XY can be prepared for clean rooms and vacuum up to 10-3 Torr. For higher vacuum please contact Standa support. Additional requirement of cleanliness can be supported on demand.
Motorized translation stage can be easily connected to standard imperial/metric optical table directly. XY scanning stage is directly assembled to PLANAR like design, without using any connecting plates. Extremely high orthogonality is available by default.
Motion control of 8MTL120XY series translation stages is available with Standa or ACS motion Controllers & Drivers in exposed or housed configurations.
For industry applications 8MTL120XY stages can be supplied mounted on standard optical table or extremely flat granite plate fully sealed from spray and dust to ensure performance of kinematic pairs.
Kinematics & Feedback information
120 x 120 mm
any of the range: 25 nm to 5 µm (on demand)
1) Multiplication factor
4-200 (on demand)
Encoder Grating Period
Reference Mark (Index)
2) Absolute Accuracy
± 0.5 µm
2) Bi-Directional Repeatability (peak to peak)
2) Bi-Directional Repeatability (RMS)
3) Pitch, µrad / arcsec
±30 / ±6.20
3) Yaw, µrad / arcsec
±30 / ±6.20
4) Maximum Velocity (load 4kg)
5) Maximum Acceleration (load 4kg)
Limits Switches Type (Safety)
Limit Switch Polarity (Safety)
Pushed is closed
Limit Switch Voltage
Load, Guiding & Transmission Information
Linear Motor Stage; Planar Design
Linear Motor Model
Linear Motor Design Type
Ironless BLDC motor
Maximum Bus Voltage
6) Load Capacity (Centrally Placed)
7) Moving Mass X
7) Moving Mass Y
Crossed roller bearings with cage drift protection
Material And Environment Conditions
Housing Coating (Finish)
Control, Communication & Cabling
8) Recommended controllers
ACS Products Line or 8SMC5-USB series
8) Recommended drivers
ACS Product Line or 8SMC5-USB series
9) Recommended power supply
2 phase / 3 phase source
12) Recommended communication interface
EtherCAT / RS232 / USB / TCP-IP
2 m (other by request)
10) Differential Outputs
Optionally available by request
Dimensions of Moving Platform
240 x 240 mm (W x L)
240 x 360 x 75 mm (W x L x H)
11) Orthogonality, µrad / arcsec
24 / 5
Product added to the Wishlist
Encoder Resolution: 25 nm
Encoder Resolution: 50 nm
Encoder Resolution: 100 nm
Encoder Resolution: 200 nm
Sin/Cos Analog Interface
1) With x4 evaluation; system can be delivered with standard analog SIN/COS encoder interface for personal interpolation.
2) Absolute Accuracy & Bi-Directional Repeatability measurements are processed with Zygo ZMI 501 Michelson laser interferometer.
3) Pitch & Yaw measurements are processed with 11D-ALI-COL electronic autocollimator. Resolution of 11D-ALI-COL: 1 µrad. Environment error: 1 µrad.
4) Maximum Velocity is electrically limited by encoder and driver CUT-OF frequency; maximum velocity is also limited by guiding system.
5) Maximum Acceleration is limited by Drivers` Peak Current, Motors` Peak Current and External Load (inertia). Please contact Standa for support.
6) Load Capacity is limited by position of load and integrated guiding system. Please contact Standa support for loading calculation.
7) Moving Mass is constant parameter of system which characterize m0 or inertia of unloaded system.
8) Recommended controllers & Recommended drivers can be optimized for a certain application. Please contact Standa support for recommendation.
9) Recommended power supply depends on required duty cycle and load. Please contact Standa support for recommendation.
10) Differential Outputs are available in passive (buffered) or active (modulated) way with LCMv2.
11) Stages can be assembled with better orthogonality by request.
12) Scalar Control can be implemented with USB/ TCP-IP / RS-232 communication iterface; for vector control we recommend to use EtherCAT.
13) Protection of guiding system is limited and not supposed to be used in wet and dusty environment.